Sunday, November 22, 2009

Pursuit of Happiness

The pursuit of happyness is one of my all time favorite movies and I've watched it at least 13 times in the past few months. Chris Gardner (played by will smith) realizes that he is not happy with his current situation and he actively takes steps to achieve happiness. Even though he made sacrifice after sacrifice, it seemed like nothing was going his way. Despite being broke and having no support system around him, he still had faith.

Two things that I admire about the story of Charis Gardner are his personal faith and unyielding pursuit of happiness (which go hand in hand). Although the movie didn't directly discuss his faith, it's clear that he had faith to do all that he did. He believed that at the end of the day everything that was suppose to happen would happen. However he didn't leave it all up to his faith; he actually pursued what would bring him happiness.

Personally I realize that it's that tine in my life to pursue the things that will really make me happy. A friend said to me recently that she wasn't happy with her current situation so she was going to do what made her happy (in her case it was buying a plane ticket to Spain). With that being said, I am actively pursuing my happiness. It may mean that I will make some lifestyle changes but I want to focus on the things that will truly make me happy. It may also mean that I change the people that I surround myself with. At the end of the day I believe in destiny (thus my tattoo). So whatever is in Gods plan will happen...

In closing, I am going to end with some of Rev Runs Wisdom (from twitter): be around what you TRULY want to be around... That's happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment