Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Source



I remember growing up on all the fairy tales: Cinderella, snow white, beauty & the beast. The basic story line for all traditional fairy tales goes something like this:


1. boy meets girl. girls meets boy.

2. boy asks girl out on a date (i.e. the magical ball).

3. girl encounters some sort of difficulty but it still able to attend said date.

4. girl and boy fall madly in love; marry; purchase a house (mini-mansion) with a white picket fence, have two point four children, and a dog.

5. they live happily ever after.


End of Story... If real life were only that simple...


The thing about it is, the "fairy-tale" goes past just relationships.


I'm sure everyone has had a plan at some point in their life. The plan may not have been idealistic as what I described above but the plan was a blueprint of the future. My plan included graduating from college at the age of 22, become engaged at the age of 23, married at the age of 25, and have at least one child before the age of 30. Boy oh boy, have my plans surely changed.

Going along with the quarter life crisis stage of my life, I have realized that not everything will go as you have planned. There is a plan out there (that I believe God has designed) and as much as we try to stick to that plan, things happen. Life happens. Overall, its important to realize that everything wont always go perfectly but if you keep a positive attitude things will work out in the end. (And if they haven't worked out yet, then obviously it's not the end.)

No comments:

Post a Comment